back to Society Information
Past Keynote Speakers for Annual Meetings
- 2017 in Denver, CO: Maxwell Barclay - "Conversations with the dead: Old trails lead to new discoveries."
- 2016 in Orlando, FL: Joseph Parker - "An Inordinate Fondness for Rove Beetles: How Ants Have Shaped Beetle Diversity."
- 2015 in Minneapolis, MN: Aaron Smith - "Darkling Beetle Biodiversity: An Evolutionary Journey Through Time and Morphospace."
- 2014 in Portland, OR: Caroline Chaboo - "More than what you eat: what drives leaf-beetle diversity?"
- 2013 in Austin, TX: Wendy Moore - "Almost Anything is Paussible: Explosive Defenses, Radiations and Convergences within Flanged Bombardier Beetles"
- 2012 in Knoxville, TN: Joe McHugh - "Cucujoidea Classification: Chipping Away at a Task Beset with the Most Formidable Difficulties"
- 2011 in Reno, NV: David Maddison - "Molecular and Morphological Surprises: Unexpected Clades and Hidden Diversity in the Ground Beetle Genus Bembidion"
- 2010 in San Diego, CA: Duane McKenna - "Ecological and Evolutionary Radiations of Beetles"
- 2009 in Indianapolis, IN: Andrew Short - "Of Myxophaga and Wet Rocks: Scrubbing for Beetles in Venezuela"
- 2008 in Reno, NV: Chris Carlton - "Eight Years of Collecting Beetles in Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Are We Finished Yet?"
- 2007 in San Diego, CA: Mike Ivie - "The West Indian Beetle Fauna Project"
- 2006 in Indianapolis, IN: Karen Ober - "The Evolution of Arboreal Ground Beetles (Carabidae)"
- 2005 in Fort Lauderdale, FL: Art Evans - "Of Beetles and Men: Tales of California's Six-legged Gold"
- 2004 in Salt Lake City, UT: Stephen Wood - "The Emergence of Utah Coleopterology"
- 2003 in Cincinnati, OH: Terry Erwin - "Mapping Patterns of Beta-Diversity for Beetles Across the Western Amazon Basin: A Preliminary Case for Improving Conservation Strategies"
- 2002 in Fort Lauderdale, FL: Nico Franz - "Natural History of Derolomine Flower Weevils Systematized"
- 2001 in San Diego, CA: Derek Sikes - "Burying Beetle Systematics: from Carrion Traps to Computers"
- 2000 in Montreal, Canada: John Lawrence - "The Systematics of Coleoptera: a Millennium View"
- 1999 in Atlanta, GA: Douglas Emlen - "Does Development Bias the Evolution of Beetle Horns"
- 1998 in Las Vegas, NV: Stewart Peck - "Beetles and Collecting in Cuba"
- 1997 in Nashville, TN: John Acorn - "Bringing Beetles to the People: Coleoptera on T.V."
- 1996 in Louisville, KY: Jim Liebherr - "Islands Afar, Species Galore, Families Afew: Collecting in a Hawaiian Coleopterological Paradise?"
- 1995 in Las Vegas, NV
- 1994 in Dallas, TX
- 1993 in Indianapolis, IN
- 1992 in Baltimore, MD
- 1991 in Reno, NV
- 1990 in New Orleans, LA
- 1989 in San Antonio, TX